After making an appointment with ProctorU, you will return to your course exam module at the time of your scheduled proctor session. You will proceed to the lesson titled Proctor Login.
After clicking the ‘LOGIN‘ button, you are then taken to the online proctoring room where you will go through the following steps.
Before you begin, please make sure you are in a private location, such as your home or workplace. Cafés or other public locations are not allowed. If you have questions regarding your location, please contact us here.
1. Review the Exam Readiness Guide
Please review our Exam Readiness Guide to make sure your environment is ready to be proctored.
2. Connect to a proctor
You will connect with a live proctor from one of our online proctoring centers via your webcam. This proctor will help you through the exam process and is available during the exam if technical difficulties arise.
3. Connect your screen
You will connect your screen to the proctor. This allows the proctor to see your computer screen and assist with step three so you may begin your exam.
The proctor will need to know that are the correct test taker. The proctor will ask you to show a photo ID. The proctor will then snap a photo of you for your profile. Once completed, the proctor will ask you to answer a few questions about yourself. These questions are generated from a public information database.
Simple Steps to Getting Started for Your Final Exam!
- Test your webcam here. Don’t have a webcam? Just about any commercially-available webcam will work.
- Check the tech requirements page to make sure your computer and equipment meet the requirements.
- Check the Exam Readiness Guide prior to your exam.
- Exam Time: Navigate to www.mcafeeinstitute.com at the time of your exam and proceed to the final module in your board certification title Final Exam. Once in that module go to where it says Proctor Login and Login.